* Featured by Apple in ‘What’s Hot’ in the United States under iPad > Weather
The Wind Chill Index Factor displays automatic weather calculation based on iPhone/iPad localization features with available internet access. Just press the Fetch button.
This is a tool for measuring the perceived when outside by measuring the impact of wind on the temperature of the air. The wind chill factor can not lower a temperature below the current air temperature, but instead it speeds up the decrease in temperature proportional the speed of the wind
Both the Old model for calculating the Wind Chill Factor, pre-2001 formula, and the New Wind Chill Index devised by the National Weather Service in 2001 are used. The values are calculated to the second decimal place for extra accuracy.
Inputs for Air Temperature can be given as Fahrenheit or Celsius. Acceptable inputs for wind velocity are Knots, Miles per Hour, and Kilometers per Hour.
This app features:
• Send your calculations or conversions by email
• Universal App (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• All iPhone and iPad screen sizes are supported
• Retina Display graphics
• Fast app switching
• Automatically Saves Your Inputs
• Latest version of iOS is supported
No network connectivity required.
Note: Windchill Temperature is only defined for temperatures at or below 50 degrees F and wind speeds above 3 mph.