If you're heading to O'ahu, you need more than a map to get to the heart of this stunning and fascinating island: You need an app that delves into the story and a guide that gives you complete control while you walk, ride, or drive around the island. Tour O'ahu Through History will give you a new perspective on this spectacular Pacific island. Understanding O'ahu in the 1940's is key to understanding what you see before your eyes today, whether you start that journey before you set foot on the island or save it until the moment you land. No visit to O'ahu is complete without learning this wonderful history.
This one-of-a-kind app is optimized for iPhones running iOS 15.0 and higher. You’ll access extra localized features when you can connect to the internet, but you’ll still be able to use the app off island - even without a data connection.
As you tour the island, you’ll discover:
• The beautiful Southern Loop of O'ahu – explore a 60-mile route at your own pace, taking in some of the island’s most iconic locations
• Over 50 points of interest, including Pearl Harbor, Punch Bowl Cemetery, Waimanalo Beach, and Diamond Head
• A satisfying mix of the most popular spots and the unknown places yet to be discovered
• Two hours of narration with 1940's music tied to O'ahu’s rich and fascinating history, curated by island experts
• Over 100 vintage photographs to transport you back to 1940's O'ahu
• Immersive 360 images – so you won’t miss out if you’re unable to hike up to places like Lanikai Pillboxes or Koko Head Stairs
• Exciting family adventures appropriate to any time of day or weather forecast
• Complete flexibility – stop to shop, see the sights or explore stunning beaches – then go back to the app any time to pick up where you left off
And much more!
Whether you’re walking, driving, or taking a bus, this insightful and easy-to-use tour app will fit your itinerary – because you are always in the driver’s seat.
And the fun isn’t over when you leave the island – revisit all your favorite places on the plane, or share your adventures with family and friends back home.