The Check Status is a mobile tool that allows users to quickly check the environment and working conditions before performing a work activity. It helps SGS employees or contractors to assess whether it is safe to proceed, or a Stop Work Authority (SWA) should be issued.
This tool provides great user engagement to conduct Last Minute Risk Assessment (LMRA).
It engages user either SGS Employee or contractor prior to starting a job, to stop and assess the situation at hand:
• What could happen if I proceed?
• Would I be completely safe?
• Do I have the correct working equipment, tools, training and protection (personal and/or collective) to perform the job?
This quick assessment (no longer than 3 minutes) will guide the employee or contractor decision to:
• Proceed – if no risk is present as the job can be done safely
• Proceed with caution – if risks may be present, there is a need for additional precautions
• Invoke a Stop Work Authority (SWA) – if known risks are present to discuss solution with supervisor and if risks are not controlled or adequately addressed then report it as Hazard/risk in Crystal or Group OI Contacts