(You cannot measure the radiation only by using this application program)
iPhone can be used as a radiation detector, as it is called Geiger counter, by connecting the voice output of the Pocket Geiger Counter with the microphone input.
For more information about Pocket Geiger Counter, see http://www.radiation-watch.org
Sensor: PIN photo diode x8 (reverse biased and shielded)
Detectable radiations: Beta and Gamma radiation
Measurement range: 0.05uSv/h~10mSv/h (Calibrated using Cs-137), 0.01cpm~300000cpm
Measuring time: about 5 minutes at the dose rate of 0.05uSv/h
Energy response: :662keV~1333keV
- uSv/h and its counting error calculation
- CPM calculation
- Manual setting interface for time range and threshold *Pro version only
- Oscilloscope *Pro version only
- Detection log visualization *Pro version only
- Circuit diagram *Pro version only
We are making the smart radiation detector that everyone can buy at a low price especially in and around Fukushima.
The project is supported by volunteer engineers, designers and scientists.