This app brings together everything a visitor may need when arriving in Scarborough. All of Scarborough’s most iconic locations are included, along with countless points of interest, and almost endless facts and figures which you may find useful on a visit to Scarborough; from points of interest to pubs from bars to beaches from anecdotes to amusements. The app uses all of the pioneering capability of the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to give the user the easiest and most informative experience possible.
Scarborough is the “original” seaside town, as rich in its scenery as it is in history. Situated on the North Sea coast of the North East of England it is considered the “Queen of the Yorkshire Coast”. With a population of around 50,000, Scarborough is the largest holiday resort along the coastline. Over 7 million visitors make their way there each year to visit some of the country’s cleanest and most beautiful beaches along with all of the associated local attractions. This bustling seaside town offers a lot to both is residents and visitors and is drenched in fascinating history!!
- All locations of interest are marked on the map giving accurate GPS coordinates along with a map marker that shows the user precisely where they are.
- Each viewpoint gives a full description of what can be found there along with a captivating historical account, audio and images.
- The interactive map has 3 layers to ensure everything is easily accessible and not over crowded.
- Other areas of the app boast fascinating videos, audio narration, and a wide range of spectacular still images bring historic Scarborough to life!
The app can easily be used on the ground as an interactive map and reference point with many possible guided tours, however it also serves as an educational tool and a fascinating knowledge source in its own right.
NO INTERNET/3G CONNECTION REQUIRED - Designed for offline use so you don't need to pay for high (overseas) data charges.
EXPERIENCED GUIDE – Our guides are experts. They bring to life what took place and describe what it was like on the ground when it was happening. It is much easier to understand how things happened when you see where they took place
UP - TO - DATE – Obviously the historic nature of the tours mean that they don’t change. We are however always updating things and looking for more information to make the tours more interesting.
AUGMENTED REALITY – In the Map View, turn the phone on its side and look at the screen. If you are close enough, this will show you where all of the map markers are in relation to your current position.
1. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
2. The GPS signal is very weak in areas with overhead cover.
3. The GPS signal is often weak inside a car.
4. Take a real map to make sure you know where you are. Don’t rely on the GPS alone.
5. Download a compass to help you to orientate yourself
Be part of the experience…
Other Pocket Tours apps are now available, including The Battles of the Somme, Arnhem, and Flodden, along with Diving Grand Cayman and our latest release, Hadrian’s Wall Country. Search for them on the app store, download them, and help us bring history to life!
Pocket Tours developments are on going all of the time and updates will be issued frequently. Please contact email@example.com if you think of any improvements or if you want anything explaining.