Services e-Health Assistance and Tele-consultation (SeHAT) the Tri-services Teleconsultation Service of the MoD has been designed for all entitled personnel and families of the three Services. It also includes all ECHS beneficiaries. It aims to provide healthcare services to patients in their homes. Safe and structured video-based clinical consultations between a doctor in a hospital and a patient within the confines of his or her home have been enabled.
SeHAT Stay Home OPD has been developed by HQ IDS and DGAFMS in collaboration with the Centre for Development for Advanced Computing (CDAC Mohali) and is based on the lines of eSanjeevani a similar free OPD service run by the MoHFW for all citizens.
SeHATOPD is a patient to doctor system where the patient can consult a doctor remotely through internet. The consultation occurs through video, audio and chat at the same time. SeHATOPD will initially cater to the needs of general OPD consultation. In future, it is proposed to be extended to specialist OPD consultation.
B. Verification of Registration
i. The user verifies his/her mobile no. using OTP
ii. Fills Patient Registration Form
B. Verification of Registration:
iv. Personnel physically report to SeHAT medical officers through the proper channel.
v. Shows his and family identification cards/certificates/aadhaar/ECHS cards
vi. iii. Receives a message that his registration is complete.
vii. The patient logs in with the mobile number
viii. Gets OTP
ix. Patients enter into his personnel page
x. The patient can view past prescriptions and approved family members
xi. Parent Mobile number can also be used for family member consultation
xii. The patient can now go in for a consultation.
x. SeHATOPD assigns a doctor to the patient (time interval depends on the length of the queue)
xi. As the doctor is assigned to the patient “CALL NOW” button gets activated
xii. The user is required to click the “CALL NOW” button within 30 seconds*
xiii. Upon clicking “CALL NOW” within 10 seconds the doctor shows up in the video
xiv. The patient consults the doctor through video, audio and chat.
xv. During the consultation, the doctor has access to the patient’s health records (if uploaded any at the time of token creation)
xv. During the consultation, the doctor prepares an electronic prescription (ePrescription)
xvi. During the consultation, the patient can view his consultation. At the end of the consultation, the doctor sends the e-prescription and closes the call
xvii. ePrescription shows up on the patient’s end.
xviii. Patient logs out after saving/emailing/printing the received ePrescription
xix. A copy of the prescription is saved on the personnel page of the patient.
1. SeHATOPD is a web application, however, its development has been based on a responsive web design approach. Hence SeHATOPD is expected to respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. It is possible to use SeHATOPD on large screen tablets and smartphones.
2. For a smooth full-motion video consultation experience internet speed of at least 1Mbps is recommended.
3. Once registered patient’s particulars cannot be altered by him, however, SeHAT authorized medical officers can change these particulars
4. The registration will only be valid for 1 year following which the patient will have to visit SeHAT authorized Medical Officer./li>
5. If the patient misses clicking the “CALL NOW” button in 30 seconds, SeHATOPD will move this patient a few slots lower in the waiting room queue and the patient next in the queue will take the turn.