Whether you are a coin or currency collector or dealer, before you buy a coin or banknote online, it is vital to verify its authenticity. That’s where the PCGS Cert Verification mobile app comes in.
The Cert Verification App makes the confirmation process much easier and much faster. Rather than typing in the coin or banknote's certification number, simply scan the barcode (obverse) or QR code (reverse) found on the label or utilize our new Gold Shield NFC Technology to tap and scan a holder with additional security (if available).
With this app, users get access to valuable information, such as a coin’s denomination, date and mintmark, grade, mintage, holder type, PCGS Population and PCGS Price Guide value or a banknote's
Supplemental coin & banknote information may also be available, such as a high resolution images, the last auction appearance and its current presence in any PCGS Set Registry sets.
• Quick, on-the-go cert verification
• NFC Gold Shield Technology makes it easy to tap and verify recently graded coins with additional security
• Scan a coin or banknote's barcode or QR code for instant verification
• If no barcode is available (old holders) you can use the scanner's text recognition capabilities to read the cert number instead
• Access to the coin’s holder type, PCGS Population, Price Guide value and more
• Links to PCGS CoinFacts or the PCGS ValueView which provide even more valuable information
It’s important to note that verification of certification numbers on the PCGS Certification Database will not entirely eliminate the risk of buying counterfeit coins or banknotes, as there is always a slight chance counterfeiters may use counterfeit PCGS grading inserts.
To further reduce the risk of counterfeit coins or banknotes, PCGS encourages purchases from verified PCGS Authorized Dealers.
For more information on this app, please visit https://www.pcgs.com/apps and https://www.pcgs.com/cert