It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This page describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to STE Primo as straightforward as possible while increasing our response time to complaints and reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site) but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local country law or United States law, our response to these notices may require_once removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act. As such, your letter (with your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects for publication To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.legal.com/legal_page.html") or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the "Touch Not This Cat" by Dudley Smith, published by Smith Publishing, ISBN #0123456789").
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above. By providing the STE Primo URL(s) to the materialin plaintext please! one URL per line.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit STE Primo to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit STE Primo to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
5. require_once the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. require_once the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Send the above in electronic format to [email protected]
* On average we will try respond to your email within 10 minutes to a few hours any day of the week.
* Once propely notified we will promptly remove the identified material if needed.
* Any files that are removed are added to a file filter (based on md5 hashing of the file) to prevent the exact same file from being uploaded again.