Introducing the new daily digital news publication, The Lede, focused on the issues that matter to Birmingham and the surrounding area. In each edition you’ll find:
- Reporting about our shared regional issues such as our roads, healthcare, economic trends and more.
- More local reporting about our region’s change-makers and philanthropy.
- Coverage of the businesses and industries that make Birmingham and the surrounding area home.
- Abundant storytelling on the people, places, things to do and restaurants that give Birmingham the flavor we love.
- A concise rundown of the local news you need each day.
- A collection of the top headlines from around the South.
- Interactive versions of great puzzles and games, plus all your familiar comics.
- Statewide podcasts, sports videos and news videos.
Subscribers of The Birmingham News get full access to each edition of The Lede at no extra charge. Simply sign in with your existing email associated with your newspaper account and password. Not activated, go to the Subscriber Center to activate your account.
••••• SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION •••••
If you are not a current home delivery subscriber, we offer the following App-only subscription options through Google Play:
- 1 Month Auto-renewing Subscription: $9.99
Includes full digital access to al.com.
Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions may be managed (and auto-renewal can be turned off) by going to your Google Play Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
If we offer a free trial, any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.